Juliette Aristides is one of the world's leading experts in the "lost art" of the classical technique — a technique that captures the purity and deep emotion within the human form like no other can.
Learn classical techniques and you can:
- Create beautiful and inspirational depictions of your subject...
- Elicit a deep and powerful emotional connection with your viewers...
- Find a sense of harmony and movement within your own creative vision...
Now You Can Learn How to Create a Beautiful Classical Figure Painting in the style of the Old Masters
Juliette has more than 25 years of art experience and is the director of the Aristides Classical Atelier at the prestigious Gage Academy of Art in Seattle. She is the author of four books, and her artwork is featured in galleries across the country.
Juliette is a modern master of the classical technique and a gifted teacher able to explain both the how and the why behind each brushstroke and each decision. The classical technique she teaches is perfect for both "the thinker" and "the feeler" within you.
Get the same world-class training that Juliette teaches at the Gage Academy of Art in Seattle (and in international workshops).
In our studio Juliette created an inspirational 8-hour demonstration — a step-by-step tutorial on classical figure painting allowing us to "peek behind the curtain" to see how it's really done.
Follow this tutorial, and Juliette will take you by the hand and show you how to go from the very first steps of posing your model and preparing your materials...
...to adding the final details to a figure painting full of life.
We've placed the entire 8 hours of instruction (plus an exclusive one-on-one interview) in a video titled: The Secrets of Classical Painting
Inside you'll discover:
- How to develop the unique "eye" of a classical painter
- What shapes, angles, and proportions to look for in order to understand the classical technique
- How to experiment with different poses and find the one that resonates with your vision
- The exact color palette, brushes, and tools Juliette uses to create her figure paintings
- How to draw with charcoal on your canvas to establish proportion (and what to focus on during this critical first step)
- How to master the brushstrokes of classical painting
- How to paint the muscles of the back and shoulders, the articulations between joints, and other parts of the human form in the "Old Master" way
- How to "warm up" and "cool down" the tones in your painting
- What you should always consider when evaluating your composition — and how to avoid the common pitfalls that slow the progress of a classical painter
- How to "sight the angle" to see the overall relationship between the different parts of human anatomy
- How to sharpen your drawing skills so you can make huge improvements in your painting technique
- How to stay encouraged and connected as you progress as an artist
- How to subtly move between color and value to capture the essence of your subject
- How and when to define the edges of your subject (and why this makes all the difference)
- The secret behind resolving areas of form — what this means and why it creates a huge impact on your painting
- The classical technique to capturing shadows — what to look for and how to bring out the definition of form within your subject
- Why half-tones are one of the "secret ingredients" to revealing the lifelike curves of your subject — and why so many artists fail to capture them correctly
- How to find the right color combinations for your subject
...and much more.
Click here for the Palette used by Juliette Aristides